Yvonne T. Griffin — Personal Injury Attorney with offices in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg and Lake Monticello.
When the stakes are high, you want a lawyer who does only one thing…That’s fighting the insurance companies every day on your behalf.
What her clients have said:
“Yvonne Griffin represented me in a car accident that required many months of hands on attention. She was a compassionate person always taking into consideration my limited abilities from my brain injury, but not making me feel inferior. She continued to strive to get the most for my future, as well as help me formulate a plan to best use it. She is a true professional.”
“Yvonne worked with me when I was rear-ended by a drunk driver. She was no-nonsense and didn’t sugar coat anything. She always treated me with respect as an equal. I recommend her whole heartedly!”
What her peers have said:
“Yvonne enjoys a great reputation in the legal community because she provides not only top quality legal services but does so in a manner that is respectful and compassionate to her clients.”
“Yvonne is a fearless trial attorney and has significant court room experience.”
Types of personal injury cases Ms. Griffin handles:
Sample of Ms. Griffin’s jury verdicts and settlement results:
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
- Brain Injury Car Accident Case – $3,500,000
- Cerebral Palsy Case – $2,600,000
- Medical Malpractice Case – $800,000
- Assault and Battery Against Client – $600,000
- Stop Sign Motorcycle Accident Case – $600,000
- T-Bone Car Accident Case – $300,000
Ms. Griffin has dedicated her career to helping injury victims:
- Yvonne Griffin is a trial lawyer who only practices law for injured persons. She is the only local female attorney in Charlottesville and Albemarle County concentrating in car, truck and motorcycle crash cases.
- Although Ms. Griffin started practicing law in 1988 as a prosecutor, since 1995 she has done nothing but injury law. During this time she has handled thousands of personal injury cases.
Education and prior experience:
- After graduating from Georgia Southern University in 1980 with a Bachelor of Art (BA) in English, Ms. Griffin received her Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Northwestern State University in 1985 and her Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from the College of William and Mary Law School in 1988.
- Ms. Griffin served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for two years in Hampton, Virginia. There she tried hundreds of cases and used that experience to develop her courtroom style.
- Ms. Griffin also taught Business Law classes for the University of Maryland during her husband’s two year military assignment in South Korea.
Significant professional relationships in the law and in our community:
- Ms. Griffin has been practicing in Charlottesville since 1993. A member of the Virginia State Bar, Ms. Griffin is also active in numerous professional organizations such as the Charlottesville/Albemarle Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. She is a past member of the statewide Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers. She is a past member of the American Bar Association, the Thomas Jefferson Inn of Courts, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Ms. Griffin was recently selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one the Top 100 Litigation lawyers in Virginia. She was recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Yvonne’s volunteer activities include Past President of the Albemarle County Police Foundation and Trustee of the Blue Ridge National Multiple Sclerosis Chapter, Charlottesville, Virginia.
Your next step:
If you or a loved one has been injured please contact our firm right away. Ms. Griffin is eager to hear your story and discuss your options. Ms. Griffin offers a free, 90 minute office consultation. Please call today.
(Charlottesville: 434-973-7474; Harrisonburg: 540-217-5470; Lake Monticello: 434-589-3636)
Yvonne has always been passionate about the law:
Since the 5th grade Yvonne knew she wanted to become a lawyer. She is funny, wicked smart and loves mixing it up with her male counterparts. The following ad is a bit of sly humor we occasionally run to remind the legal community it’s not just a man’s world anymore.
Immediate tips if you’ve been injured in a wreck:
- Get the names and telephone numbers of any potential witnesses.
- Take pictures of bruises, cuts and other injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign consent forms for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Remember, the insurance adjuster is on the at-fault driver’s side – not yours.
- Be sure all your healthcare providers are billing your health insurance.
- Call your own auto insurance carrier and ask if you have “med pay” coverage.
- Do not tell anyone you are “fine” or “good” if you are not.
- Contact us right away, before the evidence disappears.